PRESS Plus is a full-maintenance policy update service based on PRESS, IASB’s popular sample policy and procedures information and updating service. The service provides full access to PRESS Online, plus it provides additional assistance to help districts keep their policy manuals current by:
- suggesting unique policy updates for districts,
- clearly identifying suggested updates on district policies, and
- providing the support necessary to incorporate adopted policy updates into local board policy manuals.
Click here to view or download the PRESS Plus flyer.
Why should districts subscribe to PRESS Plus?
Board policy manuals often become outdated, despite the best efforts of boards and administrators. A full-maintenance policy service helps keep a district’s manual current with changes in law, regulations, and local conditions; maintains up-to-date tables of contents, cross references, and legal citations; and saves staff valuable time.
What will it cost?
For an annual subscription fee school districts will receive a calendar year of updating and maintenance of the district’s local policy manual, as well as online access to PRESS, the IASB policy and procedure information service.
If, in addition to the full-maintenance service, districts choose to web-publish their manual with IASB, PRESS Plus will be offered at a discounted rate. Contact one of the IASB Policy Services consultants for information on current fees.
Who can subscribe to PRESS Plus?
If a district has contracted for an IASB Policy Manual Customization within the last 20 years, and does not currently subscribe to PRESS Plus we provide the following options:
- If a district’s manual is one to six PRESS issues behind, an IASB Policy Consultant will update the manual for a small fee per issue. Following the update, the district will be added to the PRESS Plus subscriber list.
- If a district’s manual is more than six PRESS issues behind, a district may be eligible for the PRESS Plus Development and Maintenance Service.
- Always available is IASB’s Policy Manual Customization. In addition to helping boards develop an up-to-date board policy manual, this service provides a comprehensive and thorough review of the new manual.
Return to Policy Services Home
Click on Banner for More Information
Although the IASB website strives to provide accurate and authoritative information, the Illinois Association of School Boards does not guarantee or warrantee the accuracy or quality of information contained herein.