A top concern for any school district is the safety of its people: students, teachers, staff, and administrators.
School safety and security has always been a priority, but schools are now faced with deeper and more critical challenges.
A comprehensive school policy on school safety is included as part of the PRESS policy service. IASB has been very involved with the issue of school safety and security for a number of years. The Association has authored legislation regarding the School Safety Drill Act; participated as a member of the Illinois School Security and Standards Task Force and the Illinois Terrorism Task Force; and hosted School Safety Seminars at the Joint Annual Conference.
- National Threat Assessment Center: Enhancing School Safety Using a Threat Assessment Model (register by September 9)
- U.S. Department Department of Homeland Security School Safety Resource Center
- Mass Violence In America (August 2019 Published by National Council for Behavioral Health)
- Enhancing School Safety Using a Threat Assessment Model
- DHS Campus Resilience Program Exercise Starter Kits
- Illinois Terrorism Task Force School Safety Working Group Recommendations
- Communications Tips for School Threats
- School Safety Information Sharing
- School Safety Procedures
- School Security and Standards Task Force report to ISBE (July 2016)
Illinois School and Campus Safety Program
- Working Together for School and Campus Safety brochure
- Illinois School and Campus Safety Program courses
- Illinois School and Campus Safety Program request form