As the "voice of school boards," IASB represents the locally elected officials of education in pursuing adequate and equitable school funding and other beliefs established by the membership.
Stay up-to-date on education-related legislation
Digest of Bills Passed and New School Laws summarize bills sent to the governor (each July) and bills signed into law (each January).
The Legislative Session Overview includes an annual summary of IASB’s legislative objectives, position statements that were addressed, and session results. Highlights of bills that were approved, defeated, or amended, and how the proposals impact Illinois public education are featured.
School Consolidation — Decisions about school consolidation must be made locally, because the consequences of merging districts are far-reaching for the affected students and the entire community.
- House Bill 7: Forced Consolidation Factsheet (March 2021)
- Oppose HB7 by sending an email to the members of the House Elementary and Secondary Education: Administration, Licensing, and Charter Schools Committee
- Leadership Letter: Consolidation May Again Take Center Stage (March 2020)
- Local Government Consolidation and Unfunded Mandates Task Force-Final Report
Illinois Government, Legislation, and Administrative Rules
- Illinois State Board of Education
- Illinois Regional Offices of Education
- Illinois Administrative Code
- Illinois Government
- Illinois General Assembly
- Illinois State Board of Elections
- Illinois Educational Labor Relations Board
- Teachers Retirement System
- Evidence-Based Funding Professional Review Panel
- Illinois P-20 Council