Information for Candidates Seeking Positions through IASB
IASB superintendent searches are coordinated by the Executive Searches staff located in both the Springfield and Lombard offices. For each search, the vacancy listing indicates the consultant and administrative assistant to contact. For more information about IASB's Executive Search process contact Executive Searches Staff.
An announcement of vacancy is developed for each search. The announcement contains important information, including:
- a description of the district and community
- a description of the ideal candidate
- some indication of compensation
- application procedures and processes
Begin the application process at:
HOW TO APPLY
IASB uses an online application process and does not accept mailed, emailed, hand delivered or faxed application packets.
Please begin your application process at: https://www.applitrack.com/IASB/onlineapp.
FAQ’s are also available at: www.iasb.com/executive/ExecFAQ.pdf.
You will need to establish a user name and password to log onto either system.
To receive consideration, an applicant’s file must be completed by the deadline specified in the announcement and must contain the following uploaded documents:
- A formal letter of application indicating a desire to be a candidate for any position.
- A formal resume that includes a summary of achievements in administrative positions, educational vision and goals, personal leadership philosophy and reasons for your interest in positions listed with IASB.
- At least three recent letters of reference dated within the last 3 years.
- Transcripts from each college/university attended. **Please REDACT all mention of your social security number and birthdate, if any, in your transcript or other documents you provide.**
- Proof of qualification and certification to be an administrator in the state of Illinois (copy of the administrative certificate with all related endorsements) or other evidence showing qualification to be an administrator in another state.
- Other supporting documents can also be uploaded at the applicant’s discretion.
If you withdraw from a search and decide to reapply, please contact Mary Torgler , Administrative Assistant, at 630/629-3776, ext. 1217 or email@example.com , during business hours, before the application deadline date and time.
*Information on certification can be obtained by contacting the Illinois State Board of Education, Division of Professional Preparation, 100 North First Street, Springfield, Illinois 62777: 1-217-557-6763 or visit the ISBE website at www.isbe.net
If interested in adding your name to the IASB Interim Superintendent list, please complete the Interim Superintendent form, current resume and proof of certification/licensure and return it to: Thomas Leahy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-629-3940 (FAX). Completed information can also be sent to: 1 East 22nd Street Suite 20, Lombard, IL 60148, Attn: Thomas Leahy, Director, Executive Searches.
IASB is an equal opportunity employment search agency and a member of
Click on Banner for More Information
Although the IASB website strives to provide accurate and authoritative information, the Illinois Association of School Boards does not guarantee or warrantee the accuracy or quality of information contained herein.