|2014 IASB JOINT ANNUAL CONFERENCE|
Exhibition of Educational Environments Awards
Twenty-one winning school designs were on display at the 2014 Joint Annual Conference, including those earning awards in the Invitational Exhibition of Educational Environments, sponsored by IASB Service Associates.
The awards were determined by a blind jury pool of architects and superintendents on Sep. 18 at IASB offices in Springfield. This year's jury chose three Award of Distinction winners, six Awards of Merit and five Honorable Mentions. Awards were presented to the winning school districts and their architects Friday, Nov. 21, at the Joint Annual Conference. Projects entered in the competition were displayed throughout the three-day conference. The 2014 winners are:
AWARD OF DISTINCTION
- BLDD Architects – Reinvention of Eisenhower High School – Decatur PSD 61
- DLA Architects, Ltd. – Science, Corridor & Administrative Addition at Shepard High School – Palos Heights CHSD 218
- Perkins+Will – Deer Path Middle School, Learning Center Renovation (Cube) – Lake Forest SD 67
AWARD OF MERIT
- DLA Architects, Ltd. – Homewood-Flossmoor CHS North Building Renovation/ Fieldhouse Addition – Homewood-Flossmoor CHSD 233
- Fanning Howey – Prairie Trail School – Gurnee SD 56
- FGM Architects, Inc. – Hadley Jr. High School Library Media Center – Glen Ellyn SD 41
- Perkins+Will – William Jones College Preparatory High School – Chicago SD 299
- STR + Nia Collaborative (STR Partners) – Sarah E. Goode STEM Academy – Chicago SD 299
- Wight & Company – Pierce Downer Elementary School – Downers Grove GSD 58
- BLDLD Architects, Inc. – Roanoke-Benson HS Connection – Roanoke-Benson CUSD 60
- FGM Architects, Inc. – Ellis Elementary School Addition & Renovation – Harmony SD 175
- SPM Architects, Inc. – Reavis High School – Library Renovation – Reavis HSD 220
- STR Partners – Calumet Middle School – Calumet PSD 132
- Wight & Company – UNO Soccer Academy High School – UNO Charter School Network
Criteria for awards included: program/challenge met, how the facility meets 21st century education environmental needs; design; unique energy efficiency or green features; and safety (including passive security design and traffic patterns). To be eligible to win this year, construction projects had to be completed in time for occupancy with the start of school this past fall.
At the conclusion of this year's conference, the projects on display will be added to the School Design Data File. A service developed by IASB for its Service Associates organization, it is available for use by IASB member school districts and their architectural firms. The file currently consists of a detailed computer database on nearly 500 design projects involving Illinois public schools.
School officials and architects may use this design file service by calling the IASB Communications Department, at ext. 1131, or email a query to email@example.com.
2014 Conference Menu
Click on Banner for More Information
Although the IASB website strives to provide accurate and authoritative information, the Illinois Association of School Boards does not guarantee or warrantee the accuracy or quality of information contained herein.