Information for Candidates Seeking Positions through IASB
IASB superintendent searches are coordinated by the Executive Searches staff, who are located in both the Springfield and Lombard offices. For each search, the vacancy listing indicates the office, director and secretary to contact for more information.
A brochure announcing the vacancy is developed for each search. The brochure contains important information, including:
- a description of the district and community
- a description of "the person wanted"
- some indication of salary
- application procedures and processes
Candidates are invited to obtain a copy of the brochure as the first step in the application process.
HOW TO APPLY
IASB uses an online application process and does not accept mailed, e-mailed or faxed application packets. Please begin your application process at: https://illinois.executivesearchservices.com/applicant/login.aspx.
You will need to establish a user name and password to log on. A "Help Manual" is available in the upper right of the page. The manual is short and contains detailed instructions for use of the online application system. FAQ's are also available at: www.iasb.com/executive/ExecFAQ.pdf.
To receive consideration, an applicant's file must be completed by the deadline specified in the announcement and must contain the following uploaded documents (limited to a total of 30 pages maximum per candidate):
- A formal letter of application indicating a desire to be a candidate for any position.
- A formal resume that includes a summary of achievements in administrative positions, educational vision and goals, personal leadership philosophy and reasons for your interest in positions listed with IASB.
- At least three letters of reference.
- Transcripts from each college/university attended.
- Proof of qualification and certification to be an administrator in the state of Illinois (copy of the administrative certificate with all related endorsements) or other evidence showing qualification to be an administrator in another state.
- Other supporting documents can also be uploaded at the applicant's discretion.
If you withdraw from a search and decide to reapply, please contact Mary Torgler at 630-629-3776, ext. 1217 or email@example.com, during business hours, before the application deadline date.
*Information on certification can be obtained by contacting the Illinois State Board of Education, Division of Professional Preparation, 100 North First Street, Springfield, Illinois 62777: 1-800/845-8749 or visit the ISBE website at www.isbe.net
If interested in adding your name to the IASB Interim Superintendent list, please complete the Interim Superintendent form and return it to: 1 East 22nd Street, Lombard, IL 60148 Attn: Donna Johnson, Director Executive Searches. Please include a current resume with the completed form.
IASB maintains a computerized listing of interested candidates. These persons receive an e-mail notification of all searches conducted by IASB. To place your name on this list, send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Mary Torgler at 630-629-3776, ext. 1217.
IASB periodically offers a "Professional Advancement Seminar" for persons interested in exploring the superintendency. Watch the IASB Calendar of Coming Events for these events.
IASB is an equal opportunity employment search agency.
Click on Banner for More Information
Although the IASB Web site strives to provide accurate and authoritative information, the Illinois Association of School Boards does not guarantee or warrantee the accuracy or quality of information contained herein.