Historical Summary 1930-1939
1933 The Association moves its office to Springfield.
1934 The Tri-County Association of School Boards (Cook, DuPage and
Lake counties) merges with the state organization.
1935 The first issue of Illinois School Board Bulletin is
published. Its name is changed in 1940 to Illinois School Board Journal.
1938 The organization's name is changed to Illinois Association of
1939 IASB receives the first of five biennial appropriations from the
Illinois General Assembly. These $15,000 appropriations (each for two years) cease in
1951, when the Association withdraws its request for further funding.
Return to Historical Summary Menu
Click on Banner for More Information
Although the IASB website strives to provide accurate and authoritative information, the Illinois Association of School Boards does not guarantee or warrantee the accuracy or quality of information contained herein.