Salaries of Superintendents and Principals
From 1995 to 2007, researchers at Western Illinois University collected and compiled data on the salaries of district superintendents and principals in Illinois. The Illinois School Board Journal published a study of that voluntarily-submitted data. With the introduction of mandatory reporting of administrator salaries, the data was unavailable for several years. In 2014, the Illinois State Board of Education made its data available to researchers, so after updates covering the intervening years, the series resumed in 2015.
Here are direct links to the annual reports carried in The Illinois School Board Journal, which may be readily downloaded and/or printed.
- 2016-2017 Salaries Reported in January 2017
- 2015-2016 Salaries Reported in January 2016
- 2012-2014 Salaries reported in 2012-2013 and 2013-2014
- 2007-2011 Administrator salary update
- 2005-2006 Salaries reported in January 2006
- 2004-2005 Salaries reported in January 2005
- 2003-2004 Salaries reported in January 2004
- 2002-2003 Salaries reported in January 2003
- 2001-2002 Salaries reported in January 2002
- 2000-2001 Salaries reported in January 2001
- 1999-2000 Salaries reported in January 2000
- 1998-1999 Salaries reported in January 1999
- 1997-1998 Not available online; contact IASB for January 1998 report.
- 1996-1997 Not available online; contact IASB for January 1997 report.
- 1995-1996 Not available online; contact IASB for January 1997 report.
Member Services Home
Click on Banner for More Information
Although the IASB website strives to provide accurate and authoritative information, the Illinois Association of School Boards does not guarantee or warrantee the accuracy or quality of information contained herein.