IASB President and Vice President Nomination Forms Available
Date PostedMay 17, 2023
The IASB Nominating Committee is accepting nominations for candidates for the offices of president and vice president of the Illinois Association of School Boards.
Candidate data forms for the officer positions are available on the IASB website.
The Nominating Committee will evaluate nominees using the following criteria:
- Demonstrated leadership on a local board of education and at IASB division and state levels.
- Participation in a wide spectrum of IASB activities at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to speak for public education in Illinois and to be an advocate for IASB positions.
- Involvement with other education-related associations or organizations, and other leadership experience.
- Membership on the IASB Board of Directors for at least two years is preferred.
Nominating forms and supporting documents must be received in the IASB Springfield office by 4 p.m. on Friday, August 4. Candidates for president and vice president will be interviewed later that month.
Candidates nominated for the officer positions will be voted on by IASB members at the Delegate Assembly on November 18 during the Joint Annual Conference in Chicago.