JAC to Feature Conversations about Recovery
Date PostedOctober 12, 2021
Panel sessions that relate to health, safety, crisis management, and pandemic recovery:
- Crisis Communication: Building Trust When Tensions are High covers how Woodland CCSD 50 brought its learning community together.
- Leading During a Crisis will present how the Yorkville CUSD 115 board, executive team, and union leadership engaged in difficult conversations and strategically lead the district through the coronavirus crisis.
- Supporting Mental Wellness in a Diverse School Community will discuss a proactive stance on supporting the school community during an unprecedented time including initiatives to address social and emotional needs.
- In Crossroads: Education and Legislation During Global Pandemic, a group of statewide leaders will give insights as to what they see coming for public education as well as discuss behind-the-scenes developments as we hope to leave the global pandemic behind and focus on the future of our public school districts.
- Pandemic Planning: Leadership Lessons Learned from the Field includes a panel of superintendents from across the state who will share their best lessons along with the next steps for pandemic planning efforts for school boards and administrators.
- Board/Superintendent Communication in a Year of Crisis is a session with Lake Park CHSD 108 offering tools related to the board/superintendent relationship and community engagement during a crisis.
- In Pivoting Facilities Forward in the Age of COVID and Beyond, representatives from Chicago Public Schools will demonstrate the process of restructuring inward and outward in response to COVID guidelines.
Details on these sessions and all Conference information will be added to the Joint Annual Conference webpage as they become available. Members who have registered can create a personalized online schedule with the Online Conference Planner. The 2021 Joint Annual Conference will be held November 19-21 in Chicago.