Administrative Professionals Program Offered at Annual Conference
Date PostedOctober 26, 2021
Designed to enhance the professional skills of the board secretary or district office administrative assistants, training opportunities and panel presentations will be offered all day on Friday and Saturday, November 19-20, at the Swissotel, Chicago.
In addition to the panel presentations and guest speakers, the Administrative Professionals’ Program will provide opportunities to network with peers from across the state.
There is no additional charge to attend the program, however, all attendees must be paid Conference registrants.
Presentation topics offered during the Program are designed to appeal to both those new on the job and with years of experience.
The program will kick off at 9 a.m. on Friday with four panel options:
- Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) presented by the Illinois Attorney General’s Office
- IMRF Benefits/Retirement Planning presented by the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund
- Advanced Google Tips presented by the District 47 Tech Solution Team
- Coming to Order: Help Your Board Make Meetings More Effective presented by Theresa Gegen, IASB Director of Editorial Services, and Reatha Owen, IASB Senior Director of Field Services.
- Open Meetings Act (OMA) presented by the Illinois Attorney General’s office
- Licensure and Other Supports for the ROE presented by Regional Offices of Education
- Keeping up with Policies and Procedures presented by IASB Policy Director Angie Powell
- Managing Local Records—Inventory Application and Disposal presented by the Illinois Secretary of State’s office
On Saturday, attendees can attend six sessions presented over three time slots. Panels beginning at 10:30 a.m. include “Social Emotional Support” from administrators of Joliet PSD 86 and “Agendas/Minutes” by M. Curt Richardson, attorney for McLean County Unit 5. From 12:30-1:30 p.m., IASB Field Services Director Lori Grant will present “Trust Edge” while the Learning Technology Centers of Illinois will provide “Google Tips and Tricks to Increase Your Workflow.” Concluding the Administrative Professionals’ Program at 2 p.m. will be “Transparency Talk” presented by members of the Illinois Council of School Attorneys and “You ARE the Music” from Donna McCaw of School Consulting, Inc.
Panel descriptions, presenters, and room locations are available via the Conference Planner by using “Filter by Type” and selecting the Administrative Professionals’ Program on the right side of the page.
The 2021 Joint Annual Conference will be held November 19-21 in Chicago. Additional information can be found on the Conference webpage or by following along on social media using #ILjac21.