Referendums on April Ballot
Date PostedMarch 22, 2021
School districts in Illinois are seeking voter approval on referendums on the April 6 consolidated election. Items up for a vote include tax increases, bond issues, and miscellaneous propositions, as well as at least one countywide sales tax referendum. School districts known to be placing local bond issues on the ballot include:
- Bond County CUSD 2, a proposition to fund Phase 2 and future improvement projects.
- Crete-Monee CUSD 201-U, $62.5 million to build two new elementary buildings in the district.
- Field CCSD 3 (Texico), $2.6 million for funds to repair and renovate, including roof replacement and gym renovations.
- Iroquois County CUSD 1, $17.125 million to build and equip a new school building in Watseka.
- Jasper County CUSD 1, $15.7 million to make improvements to early childhood facilities as well as the elementary, junior high, and high school buildings in Newton.
- Limestone CHSD 310 (Bartonville), $7.8 million to update and improve the Limestone High School building.
School districts with tax rate increases on the ballot include Meridian CUSD 223 (Stillman Valley), Tri-City CUSD 1 (Buffalo), and Warren THSD 121 (Gurnee).
Voters in some school districts will decide whether school board members should be elected at-large versus congressional township. Those districts include:
- Arcola CUSD 306
- Edgar County CUSD 6 (Chrisman)
- La Moille CUSD 303
- Lena-Winslow USD 202
- Martinsville CUSD C-3
- Momence CUSD 1
- Taylorville CUSD 3
- Valmeyer CUSD 3
- Wilmington CUSD 209U
There is one modification of a countywide sales tax on the ballot. Logan County residents will vote on whether “in addition to school facility purposes, shall Logan County school districts be authorized to use revenues from the tax commonly referred to as the school facility sales tax that is currently imposed in Logan County at a rate of 1% for school resource officers and mental health professionals?”
IASB will report results of school referenda and tax proposals after the April 6 election. To see historical information from past elections, visit the Finance Election data section on the IASB website.