Carousel of Panels offers Variety of Topics at Annual Conference
Date PostedAugust 12, 2021
Nineteen presentations will be offered simultaneously over a 90-minute period in one large ballroom. Each presentation will take place three times, allowing Conference attendees to take part in three different presentations of 30 minutes each. The event will be held Saturday, November 20 from 1:45 to 3:15 p.m. at the Sheraton Grand Chicago hotel.
The Carousel of Panels will include the following topics and presenting districts and organizations:
- No-Nonsense Tips to Close the Gap on Learning Loss — Paris Union SD 95
- Work-Based Learning Fully Supports CCRI — River Bend CUSD 2
- It’s All About the Tech — Payson CUSD 1
- Facilitating Growth through Effective Evaluation, Reflection — McKendree University
- A Place to Call Home, While Working from Home — Calumet Public SD 132
- Using IAR and 5Essentials Data for School Improvement — Western Illinois University
- Bring Community to School: Building CTE Advisory Councils — Facilitating Coordination in Agricultural Education (special project of the Illinois State Board of Education in partnership with Parkland College/Regional Office of Education 9)
- School Finance: Advocacy and Accountability — Eastern Illinois University
- Subcontract PD to Support License Renewal — Hononegah CHSD 207
- Labor Relations through the Lens of Equity and Inclusion — Western Illinois University
- Developing Gender Support Teams and Plans — Harlem SD 122 and Himes Petrarca & Fester, Chtd.
- Surviving the Pandemic without the Pandemonium — Calumet Public SD 132
- Making it Happen: Strategic Community Engagement — NIU STEAM, Center for P-20 Engagement, Northern Illinois University
- Addressing the Teacher Shortage at the Local Level — SI Partnerships (Illinois Education Association/McKendree University/Vienna HSD 13-3)
- Developing a Culture of Learning with Coaching and Mentoring — National Louis University
- New Frontier: Enterprise Zone/TIF Impact under EBF — Ottawa ESD 141 and Zukowski Law Offices
- Conducting Successful Virtual PLOs — Calumet Public SD 132
- University and School Connect: Inspiring and Educating — NIU STEAM, Center for P-20 Engagement, Northern Illinois University
- Our Equity Journey: Where Will This All Lead Us? — National Louis University
Joint Annual Conference registration and housing is available online. Additional updates and announcements can be found on the Conference webpage. A full list of all Conference panels, activities, and other related events will be included in the Conference overview posted on the IASB website in September.