IASB Board of Directors Discusses Challenges Ahead for Schools, Approves Budget
Date PostedJune 25, 2020
In action items, the board approved the FY21 budget and authorized the IASB Executive Director to determine the status of the Joint Annual Conference registration based on data and guidance from the state’s Restore Illinois plan.
The Board of Directors issued a letter Governor J.B. Pritzker, emphasizing flexibility for local school boards to plan for the reopening of schools with consideration for the academic and social-emotional needs of children and families in the communities they serve. The state’s school reopening guidelines were released June 23.
Directors reviewed the progress of the Association’s 2019-2020 strategic priorities at each quarterly meeting. Strategy indicators met for FY20 include
- Meeting the established target for mandatory cash floor
- Reducing response time to PRESS Plus subscribers
- Maintaining the retention rate of member districts
- Participant satisfaction level with workshops/training
- Improvements in website data measures and social media followers
The Board of Directors governing the Association is made up of one representative elected from each of the IASB Divisions. The next quarterly meeting is scheduled for August 28 and will include the annual board self-evaluation.