Conflict of Interest and Incompatible Offices
The Illinois Council of School Attorneys (ICSA) has updated the document: "Answers to FAQs Conflict of Interest and Incompatible Offices" as part of ICSA's continuing effort to assist school leaders. The responses to these frequently asked questions represent the combined thinking of committee members who worked on this document.
This guidance is published for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for legal advice. For legal advice or a legal opinion on a specific question, school leaders should consult a lawyer.
FAQ contents include these topics:
- Board member interest in school contracts
- Employment while a board member
- Incompatibility of offices
- Fiduciary duty and oath of office
- Gift ban and prohibited political practices
- The Governmental Ethics Act
- Removal of a board member
- Appearance of impropriety
Download the PDF document "Answers to FAQs Conflict of Interest and Incompatible Offices" by clicking HERE.
Return to School Law
Click on Banner for More Information
Although the IASB Web site strives to provide accurate and authoritative information, the Illinois Association of School Boards does not guarantee or warrantee the accuracy or quality of information contained herein.