|2018 IASB JOINT ANNUAL CONFERENCE|
School officials can join their colleagues to benefit from a wide assortment of presentations at this year’s Carousel of Panels on Saturday, November 17.
Twenty-nine presentations will be offered simultaneously in one room over a one-hour and 30-minute period. Attendees will be able to participate in three different panels of 30 minutes each. The event will be held from 1:45 to 3:15 p.m. in Sheraton 4 & 5, Ballroom Level IV, at the Sheraton Grand Chicago hotel.
The Carousel of Panels will include the following topics (panel titles are not final and may differ from these topics), and presenters:
- Authentic, Relevant Engagement of the Greater Community — Northern Illinois University
- Increasing the Engagement of Culturally Diverse Families — Oak Lawn-Hometown SD 123
- 21st Century Climate Resiliency Solutions for K-12 Schools — Champaign CUSD 4
- Increasing Principals’ Time and Capacity for School Improvement — LEAD grants projects, regional offices of education
- University and Schools Connect for Student Success — Northern Illinois University
- Is Your School District Website ADA Compliant? — Fremont SD 79
- Strategic Planning: Strong Schools Build Strong Communities — Paris Union SD 95
- Include Stakeholders in Talented and Gifted Placement Appeals — Oak Grove SD 68 (Green Oaks)
- Discussing Illinois’ New Principal Preparation Program — Aurora University
- Why Rural Matters! — Association of Illinois Rural and Small Schools (AIRSS), and Virginia CUSD 64
- #MeToo: Preventing and Mitigating Workplace Harassment — Hauser, Izzo, Petrarca, Gleason & Stillman, LLC
- Boosting Student Growth and Engagement with GRR! — Woodridge SD 68
- Redefining Success with a Personalized Learner Profile — Prospect Heights, SD 23
- Implementing Trauma-Informed Practices in Schools — Regional Office of Education 39 ( Macon Piatt)
- Building a Data Analysis System for Student Achievement — Darien SD 61
- Legal Layoffs: Following the Law While Improving Education — Miller, Tracy, Braun, Funk & Miller, Ltd.
- Outcome Based Wellness: Enhancing Health and Well-Being — Naperville CUSD 203
- Enhancing Instructional Skills in PLC’s — Calumet Public SD 132
- Understanding the Illinois Report Card — Northern Illinois University
- Virtual Coaching for Teachers and Administrators — Consortium for Educational Change
- Student Readiness Plan: Preparing for Life After High School — Township HSD 211 ( Palatine)
- Strategic Parenting Program — Calumet Public SD 132
- Concussions and Head Injuries: Planning and Responding — Canton Union SD 66
- Collaboration to Ensure Student Success — Salt Creek SD 48; DuPage HSD 88; Addison SD 4; and DuPage County SD 45
- In Defense of Our Students’ Health — Hononegah CHSD 207
- There’s No Place Like Home — Calumet Public SD 132
- Working Toward Equity and Excellence for All Students — DuPage HSD 88
- Restructuring Your District: How to Accomplish the Impossible — Knox-Warren Special Education District; United CUSD 304; and Knoxville CUSD 202
- Foundations of Race in Schools: Best Practices in Teaching Black Students — Country Club Hills SD 160
A full list of Conference panels, activities, and other related events will be included in the Conference Preview available online in September.
2018 Conference Menu
Click on Banner for More Information
Although the IASB website strives to provide accurate and authoritative information, the Illinois Association of School Boards does not guarantee or warrantee the accuracy or quality of information contained herein.