How School Boards Can Support and Improve the Mental Health of Students (Combined Divisions Event) 1
The event will host a panel with a variety of experiences to discuss mental health needs of our students and how leaders can provide supports and services necessary to meet these needs and build up our students.
How do boards address social and emotional needs in a way that allows students to acquire and apply knowledge, skills, and attitudes to develop into healthy individuals? A panel with a variety of experiences will discuss mental health needs of our students and how leaders can provide supports and services necessary to meet these needs and build up our students. Networking breakout sessions with our panelists will follow the presentation.
- Jan Braun, Curriculum Director, Grant Writer, Lewistown School District 97
- Leslie Blockman, IL-AWARE Grant Manager/SEL Coordinator, Bloomington School District 87
- Dawn Mustread, School Social Worker/Counselor, Cuba School District, Fulton 3
- Jill Myers, J.D., Professor and Director of the School of Law Enforcement and Justice Administration, Western Illinois University
- Serenity Wallick, School Social Worker, SEL implementation, Community Liaison, Lewistown School District 97
- Message from IASB
- Legislative update
- Introduction of panelists