As the "voice of school boards," IASB represents the locally elected officials of education in pursuing adequate and equitable school funding and other beliefs established by the membership.
School Consolidation — Decisions about school consolidation must be made locally, because the consequences of merging districts are far-reaching for the affected students and the entire community.
- House Bill 7: Forced Consolidation Factsheet (March 2021)
- Oppose HB7 by sending an email to the members of the House Elementary and Secondary Education: Administration, Licensing, and Charter Schools Committee
- Leadership Letter: Consolidation May Again Take Center Stage (March 2020)
- Local Government Consolidation and Unfunded Mandates Task Force-Final Report
Stay up-to-date on education-related legislation
- Illinois Vision 2020 Final Report (December 2020)
- HB 2170, Amendment #3-IASB written testimony
- Classrooms First Commission: A guide to P-12 Efficiency and Opportunity
- Mandates Enacted Since 1992