School Board LeaderShop Academy
The School Board LeaderShop Academy promotes and recognizes board members' efforts toward continuous learning and professional development. As board members work their way through the School Board LeaderShop curriculum, they earn and maintain membership in the Academy.
- Admission to Academy membership requires completion of three School Board LeaderShop programs:
Academy membership is maintained by completing at least one additional program (either Core or Elective) over a two-year period.
Upon the completion of seven Core and five Elective programs, members will be recognized as Academy Fellows.
The Member Emeritus designation is for those board members who retire from or leave their boards while maintaining a Fellowship designation.
- At least two of these programs must be from the Core curriculum and one of those must be the school district governance overview
- The third program may be either a Core or an Elective offering
Academy members will be recognized for their commitment to continuous learning in various ways:
- Academy members will receive a LeaderShop Academy pen upon admission to the Academy;
- Academy Fellows will receive a plaque recognizing their achievement and will be invited to serve in advisory and/or mentoring positions around effective governance issues;
- The names of Members Emeritus will be displayed on a permanent honor roll displayed at the state IASB office and will be offered the opportunity to receive a lifelong subscription to IASB publications.
Additionally, all Academy members will have the opportunity to a special biennnual Academy Symposium designed especially for them. The Symposium, which is held in odd-numbered years, features special presentations on current education governance issues. Click HERE for highlights from the most recent Symposium.
Back to IASB Materials and Resources
Click on Banner for More Information
Although the IASB Web site strives to provide accurate and authoritative information, the Illinois Association of School Boards does not guarantee or warrantee the accuracy or quality of information contained herein.