Administrative Procedures Project
Frequently Asked Questions
What is an administrative procedures manual project?
An IASB policy consultant will work with your district to develop a new and up-to-date
administrative procedures manual to implement the board policy manual. This administrative
procedures manual will be based upon the sample procedures contained in the IASB Policy
Reference Manual and your district's current procedures and practices.
Who can benefit?
This service is available to districts that have recently completed an IASB Policy
Manual Customization or a Policy Manual Update.
What is the process involved in an administrative procedures project?
The process may vary to meet individual district needs. Generally, it includes the
The district will
- provide a contact person and/or a committee of administrative staff members to work with
a policy consultant in the development of the administrative procedures manual; and
- provide copies of any existing written administrative procedures.
The policy consultant will
- develop and provide to the district a draft administrative procedures manual provided by
the district and the IASB sample procedures, exhibits, and forms as found in the IASB
Policy Reference Manual and customized for the district;
- meet with the district committee in the district administrative offices to review and
edit the draft administrative procedures manual; and
- provide the district with one printed copy of a final administrative procedures manual
and a copy on a diskette (Word for Windows.)
Use of PRESS, the IASB policy
updating service, will enable the district to keep the manual current.
Does our district need an administrative procedures project?
Use the following checklist to help you decide.
The Administrative Procedures Manual
- The district has available in its administrative offices a copy of an Administrative
Procedures Manual implementing the Board Policy Manual.
- The District Administrative Procedures Manual includes all procedures expressly required
by current board policy, state or federal law, or regulation.
- The manual includes all district-wide administrative procedures.
- The manual is coded with an easily identifiable coding system.
- The manual has an alphabetical index.
- Each section of the manual has a table of contents.
- Each procedure is clear and concise.
- Each procedure is coded to correspond to the board policy it implements.
- Effective dates are clearly stated at the end of each procedure.
What will it cost?
Costs can vary based on local district needs. Contact Lin Bremer at ext 1232 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain a price.
For further information
For further information about this service, contact any IASB Policy Services staff member.
Return to Policy Services Menu
Click on Banner for More Information
Although the IASB Web site strives to provide accurate and authoritative information, the Illinois Association of School Boards does not guarantee or warrantee the accuracy or quality of information contained herein.